- The way you care for your teeth may impact your heart! Gum diseases can increase the risk of a heart stroke by 50 percent.
- The human heart bests 72 times a minute, i.e. almost 35 million times a year, non-stop. Even when you are resting, your heart muscles work twice as hard as the leg muscles of a person running.
- A broken heart can actually be dangerous. A break-up or news of a loved ones death activates the release of stress hormones into the blood stream that temporarily ‘shock’ the heart.
- Your heart creates enough energy to drive a truck 32 km every day. That is equivalent to driving to the moon and back in one lifetime!
- The heart begins beating at four weeks after conception and does not stop until death!